Growing health consciousness among the general population and increased consumption of sugar substitutes and low-calorie food alternatives; increased usage of sorbitol in lotions, face creams, syrups, laxatives, and pastilles; rising demand for healthy food products; and growing prevalence of gastrointestinal disorders and diabetes are some of the factors augmenting demand for sorbitol, as per a newly compiled market research report from IndustryARC. The report has assessed the global sorbitol market value at $2.2 billion as of 2018 and anticipates demand to increase at a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2025.
The report by IndustryARC, titled “Sorbitol Market: By Product Form (Solid/Powder, Liquid/Syrup), By Function (Bulking Agent, Flavoring Agent, Sweetener, Others) By End User (Food and Beverages, Pharmaceutical, Chemicals, Cosmetics and Personal Care, Others), By Geography – Forecast (2019-2025)”, provides a comprehensive analysis of indispensable facets of the market including market drivers, market value chain, restraints, growth indicators, market trends, challenges, future outlook, and market insights.
Sorbitol Market: Leading Segments
APAC dominated the global sorbitol market and earned 55% of the total revenue in 2018. Low cost of liquid sorbitol, simplified production process, rising demand for sugar alcohol, high requirement of organic personal care products, and growing consumer awareness of product benefits derived from natural ingredients are key aspects fueling the growth of the sorbitol market. Additionally, favorable government regulations, growing GDP, increasing investments in the market, and a spur in development of end-use industries are some of the factors that have identified the APAC region as having the maximum share of demand in the sorbitol market.
As per end-user applications, the sorbitol market is bifurcated into food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and cosmetics, and personal care. On the basis of form, sorbitol can be segregated into solid or liquid form. It can also be classified as a bulking agent, flavoring agent, humectant and sweetener. Increasing demand for oral care products such as transparent gels, toothpaste, and mouthwash; growing usage of sorbitol as a foaming and wetting agent, emulsifier, detergent, and dispersant are factors fuelling the demand for sorbitol in cosmetic and personal care applications. As a result, key market players have capitalized on this industrial segment which is expected to grow at an outstanding CAGR of 4.20% by 2025.
View Full Table of Contents of Sorbitol Market:
Sorbitol Market Disruptive Trends
- Owing to the direct compression properties of sorbitol, it has multiple benefits such as high dilution and rate, low hygroscopicity, and high structured surface area. These benefits, in turn, are fueling the demand for application of sorbitol in different areas.
- The production of sorbitol, commonly known as gluticol, is increased with metabolic engineering that uses Lactobacillus Plantarum. The aforementioned method had dominated the traditional method of production that involved catalytic hydrogenation of glucose.
- Government regulations issued by FDA in favor of sorbitol that declared it as a safe ingredient for use in food products is another factor disrupting the growth of sorbitol market.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Sorbitol Market: Competitive Landscape
The report features prominent companies that hold majority shares including Roquette Freres, Tereos Syral, Cargill, Merck, ADM, Danisco, Qinhuangdao Lihua Starch Co., Ltd, and Ecogreen Oleochemicals
A. Sugar-Based Excipients Market
B. Xylitol Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Sorbitol Market is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
1. Sorbitol Market Size by Product Categories & Application
2. Sorbitol Market trends & Relevant Market Data
3. Manufacturer Landscape
4. Distributor Landscape
5. Pricing Analysis
6. Top 10 End-user Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking
8. Product Developments
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
10. Patent Analysis
11. Sorbitol Market Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
12. Country-level Analysis
13. Competitor Analysis
14. Sorbitol Market Shares Analysis
15. Value Chain Analysis
16. Supply Chain Analysis
17. Sorbitol Market Strategic Analysis
18. Sorbitol Market Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
19. Opportunity Analysis
20. Sorbitol Market Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in the application or end-user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end-use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.