Pesticides are promising solutions to ensure food security and defend against biological disasters.The United Nations Population Division estimates that 9.7 billion population will exist on Earth by 2050, which is nearly 30% more to 2017. Due to the growing population in developing countries, the necessity of food production increases by 80% according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). But only 20% of new food production is expected to come from the expansion of available farming land. Thus, pesticides which are useful for sustainable agriculture are high in demand. Botanical pesticides are best alternatives to synthetic pesticides, as they are obtained from natural origin substances which are less harmful to humans.
Innovative nanotechnology-derived formulations are allowing these pesticides to boost up the agricultural productivity and also helpful in reducing health and environmental impacts. Pesticides are indispensable in precisely regulating the target pests and diseases caused by them. In addition to this, they also enhance crop production. All these factors put together, the global pesticides market is poised for a profitable future.
Different type of pesticides such as herbicide, insecticides, rodenticide, fungicide and anti-microbial are available that serve different purposes based on their diverse formulations. For example, insecticides target to kill insects whereas herbicides focus to regulate growth of unwanted plants or weeds. Increasing adoption of nanotechnology to obtain nano-pesticides with new formulations for an extensive range of applications in agri-food production are driving the growth of the pesticides market. This information is based on a recent market research report from Industry ARC, titled “Pesticides Market: By Type (Bio-Pesticides, Synthetic Pesticides); By Crop Type (Vegetables & Fruits, Oilseeds & Pulses, Cereals & Grains, Commercial Crops, Plantation Crops and Others) & By region – Forecast(2018 – 2023).”
Pesticides Market: Competitive Analysis
- Syngenta AG, BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont, and Bayer AG are some of the key players holding major share in the pesticides market.
- In 2018, BASF SE launched new insecticide named “SefinaInscalis” in India. It protects cotton and vegetable crops from jassids and whiteflies which makes it an effective solution to produce high quality crops safely.
- Syngenta AG is one of the largest producers for pesticides that observed sales of $12.65 billion in 2017. In 2018, it launched two new fungicides named Posterity and Secure Action that control turf diseases, hoping to enhance its product portfolio in the pesticides market.
- The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont are publicly traded companies in agriculture. They provide crop protection products such as Aproach Prima fungicide and Quelex herbicide with Arylex active. In the second quarter of 2018, agriculture division valued $5.7 billion. It depicts double-digit growth in insecticides and 4 percent increases in local prices which contributes for the growth of sales in agriculture sector.
Pesticides are biocides that are pioneering solution to protect plants from pests. They are majorly used to improve the crop yields in the available farming lands. Pesticides are playing crucial role in enhancing food production to meet the increasing demand from growing population worldwide. Thus, these factors are contributing to the growth of pesticides market during the forecast period 2018-2023.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
A. Insecticides Market
B. Crop Protection Chemicals Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Pesticides market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Application
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data
3. Manufacturer Landscape
4. Distributor Landscape
5. Pricing Analysis
6. Top 10 End-user Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking
8. Product Developments
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
10. Patent Analysis
11. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
12. Country-level Analysis
13. Competitor Analysis
14. Market Shares Analysis
15. Value Chain Analysis
16. Supply Chain Analysis
17. Strategic Analysis
18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
19. Opportunity Analysis
20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a proposal, provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email 1: email@example.com
Or Email 2: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Pesticides & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.