As per a market intelligence report by IndustryARC, the tempered glass market size was estimated to be $41 billion in 2018. According to the report, “‘Aesthetic feasibility’ is a mega-trend impacting the processes of various sectors. Right from automotive to construction, the appearance of products is subject to severe analysis for fetching sales. Inexpensive glass equipped with its luminous peculiarities is gaining an imperative share of the product’s design in automotive as well as infrastructures. With annealed glass posing danger of casualties, the humongous applications are diverted towards inexpensive more shatter, shock, and thermal resistant tempered glass in various sectors.” Adjacent and integral to the modern automotive manufacturing and construction operations, demand in the tempered glass market is progressing at a global CAGR of 4.95% during the forecast period 2019 2025.
The report titled, “Tempered Glass Market: By End-User Industry (Automotive, Construction, and Consumer Electronics); Geography and Global Forecast 2019 To 2024”, presents a detailed analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments on a yearly basis. All the commercial aspects of the trending tempered glass market stretching from its end user verticals, application insights and regional revenue pockets to an imperative competitive landscape and pricing conditions are covered. The report also presents the challenging aspects pertaining to each segment, assisted by effective solutions.
APAC Dominates Global Tempered Glass Market:
A substantial 35% of the global demand for tempered glass was sourced from the APAC region, with major contribution from economies such as China, India and Japan. From automotive OEM and construction to consumer electronic gadgets, all sectors with tempered glass applications are flourishing in APAC.
· China is the global leader in exports of safety glass, with an export value of $2.93 billion in 2017.
· The Government of India, in the 2019 Interim-Union Budget, provided immense momentum to increased infrastructure by allocating $63.2 billion to the sector.
· In India, production of commercial vehicles witnessed an upsurge of 8% in 2018.
The global construction sector’s output has overtaken the automotive sector’s output, and is now the fastest growing application segment for tempered glass, progressing at a CAGR of 5.32% going through 2025. Modern era infrastructure with intricate building designs, and the skyrocketing pace of construction of skyscrapers has diverted the requirement of traditional and expensive concrete to steel and inexpensive tempered glass, which provides dual advantages in terms of aesthetic feasibility as well as safety at an economic cost.
View Full Table of Contents of Tempered Glass Market:
Tempered Glass Market: Disruptive trends
· In 2017, India enforced an anti-dumping duty on tempered glass imports from China for five years. The move was aimed at defending the indigenous tempered glass market, whose products find application as shields for mobile phone screens..
· Explosions of car sunroofs have emerged as a disruptive trend for the tempered glass market. The U.S.’ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has registered hundreds of cases of sunroofs, built with annealed glass, exploding. Such incidents have prompted manufacturers to recall their vehicles and replace the annealed glass sunroofs with those made of tempered glass.
· In 2018, Indian smartphone brand Lemon Mobiles announced that it would build a tempered glass manufacturing unit in corporation with Adsun Impex, with an investment of $14.32m. After procuring legitimate rights for attaining raw materials and for distribution of tempered glass in India from the Thailand Glass Company, the firm estimates that it will manufacture 20 million units annually.
Tempered Glass Market-Competitive Landscape:
Some of the key players operating in the global tempered glass market are Saint-Gobain, Guardian Industries, NSG Group, Asahi Glass Company (AGC), PPG Industries, AFG Industries, Pilkington, Cardinal FG, Shanghai Northglass Technology & Industry Co., Ltd., and AYG Coating Glass Co., Ltd.
Asahi India Glass Ltd. in its consolidated revenue of 2017-2018 witnessed an upsurge of 4% with net profit before tax elevated by 20.7% from the previous year during the same time period. The company, in its annual report for FY2018, claims that its major share of demand originated from the Indian automotive and construction sectors.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
A. Advanced Glass Market
B. Fire Resistant Glass Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Tempered Glass Market is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
1. Tempered Glass Market Size by Product Categories & Application
2. Tempered Glass Market trends & Relevant Market Data
3. Manufacturer Landscape
4. Distributor Landscape
5. Pricing Analysis
6. Top 10 End-user Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking
8. Product Developments
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
10. Patent Analysis
11. Tempered Glass Market Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
12. Country-level Analysis
13. Competitor Analysis
14. Tempered Glass Market Shares Analysis
15. Value Chain Analysis
16. Supply Chain Analysis
17. Tempered Glass Market Strategic Analysis
18. Tempered Glass Market Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
19. Opportunity Analysis
20. Tempered Glass Market Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.