Urbanization, industrialization and increasing population are among the many causes behind deforestation and shrinking of agricultural land. Hydroponics technology has emerged as a solution in this hour of need. Hydroponics, a sub-section of hydroculture, is an eco-friendly agricultural process which requires no soil and has a greater space utilization factor. These benefits are driving global demand for hydroponics along with factors like increasing food demand coupled with a growing human population, increased emphasis on food security, technological advancements in hydroponic systems, the rising threat of food scarcity, and higher profits compared to traditional agricultural practices, according to a business intelligence study by IndustryARC. Hydroponics has also been adopted for maintaining controlled ecological life support systems in space stations. The report estimated the global hydroponics market at $293.12m as of 2018. Furthermore, the demand is anticipated to increase at a healthy CAGR of 16.45% during the forecast period 2019-2025.
The report by IndustryARC titled, “Hydroponics Market: By Type (Wick system, Water culture, EBB & FLOW, others); By Equipment (Growing Chamber, Submersible Pump, Growing LED and Others); By Crop (Vegetables, Fruits, Flowers and Foliage, Herbs and Others); By Geography – Forecast (2019 – 2023),” gives a comprehensive analysis of prominent market features including growth drivers and trends, value chain analysis, restraints, challenges, future outlook, and the competitive landscape.
Hydroponics Market: Leading Segments
Europe held the prominent share in the global hydroponics market at 43.56% in 2018. Implementation of advanced techniques in hydroponics through the adoption of LED lights, sophisticated Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems, nutrient film technique (NFT), and electrical conductivity meters are significant factors behind Europe having the highest share of demand in the hydroponics market. Additionally, lowered use of pesticides and chemical fertilizers, lesser water requirements, increasing demand for green food, high amounts of investment by the private sector, and awareness programs held by government and non-government organizations are few other reasons behind Europe gaining the highest market share.
View Full Table of Contents of Hydroponics Market:
The hydroponics market is bifurcated by crop into vegetables, fruits, flowers and foliage, herbs, and others. Few of the major fruits and vegetables are grown using this technique are cucumbers, tomatoes, blueberries, strawberries, melons, potatoes, capsicums, lettuce, coriander, and peppers. High yield rate, growing demand for healthy and nutritional food, and increasing adoption of vertical gardening are some of the key factors propelling the demand for hydroponic vegetables. As a result, key market players have capitalized on this segment which is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 13.73% through to 2025.
Hydroponics Market Disruptive Trends
- Utilization of LED lights in hydroponics is an added advantage since LED lights catalyze the growth of plants through light emitted by them.
- Farming through hydroponics techniques generates higher profits than traditional farming methods. This, in turn, is increasing the market demand for hydroponics.
- Hydroponic indoor kitchen gardens facilitate users to grow organic and green vegetables on their own by facilitating valuable information like when to provide nutrients or water.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Hydroponics Market: Competitive Landscape
Prominent companies holding majority shares in the global hydroponics market are Achdut Ltd., Agrexco Agricultural Export Company Ltd., Koninklijke Philips NV, Agri-Plas, Inc., American Hydroponics, Asmir Growing Equipment Co.Ltd, Anglebase Ltd., CropKing Inc., Daesan Precision Co., Ltd. and Argus Control Systems Ltd.
A. Aquaponics Market
B. Vertical Farming Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Hydroponics Market is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
1. Hydroponics Market Size by Product Categories & Application
2. Hydroponics Market trends & Relevant Market Data
3. Manufacturer Landscape
4. Distributor Landscape
5. Pricing Analysis
6. Top 10 End-user Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking
8. Product Developments
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
10. Patent Analysis
11. Hydroponics Market Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
12. Country-level Analysis
13. Competitor Analysis
14. Hydroponics Market Shares Analysis
15. Value Chain Analysis
16. Supply Chain Analysis
17. Hydroponics Market Strategic Analysis
18. Hydroponics Market Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
19. Opportunity Analysis
20. Hydroponics Market Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in the application or end-user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end-use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.