The global industrial lubricant market was valued at $98,845.5 million in the year 2017 and is projected to reach 118,474.22 million by 2023 expanding at a CAGR of 3.69% during the forecast period 2018 to 2023. Furthermore, the proliferating demands from the automotive aftermarket industry from both the developed and developing countries are contributing to the growth trail in the lubricants market. The swelling ownership of electric vehicles is anticipated to hold the largest potential for the lubricants market. Other than the automotive industry, the mechanical machinery involving huge machines applied for manufacturing purposes is estimated to harness significant shares in the lubricants market. Factory and industrial automation are emerging at its full pace, with this increment in automation the employment of automatic mechanical equipment will back the lubricants market tremendously.
Lubricants are a mixture of additives in an oil base. Lubricants are used to reduce friction, corrosion, and wears between two surfaces. They may exist in the form of a solid, liquid or plastic substance. According to its applications, lubricants market is segmented into automotive lubricants and industrial lubricants. Many different substances can be used for lubrication, but grease and oils are majorly preferred. Grease consist of thickening agent, which provides the consistency and oil is used to obtain lubricity in between the surface. These oils could be a mineral based, synthetic or vegetable oil or may exist as a combination of these.
The information is based on a recent business intelligence report from Industry ARC, titled “lubricants market: by type (engine oil, gear oil, hydraulic fluid, metalworking fluids, greases, turbine oil, compressor oil, others) base oil (mineral, synthetic, bio-based, others) application (automotive, industrial, others) & geography – forecast (2018 – 2023),” which suggests that the lubrication market is projected to a steady growth in the near future.
Lubricants Market Trends
- The industrial and factory automation market was worth $129.45 billion in the fiscal year 2017 and is growing at a CAGR of 4.9%. This tremendous growth will impact massively on the lubricants market. The employment of automated machines will virtue lubricants in huge amounts. The introduction of mechanical robots in this industry is advocating the growth in the lubricants market.
- The lucrative demands from the construction industry are proving to be a boon for the global market. The consistently rising construction infrastructure involves the development of lifts, doors, and windows. Lubricants are used to tackle friction at these particulars. Lubricants are extensively being applied at multiple construction points to avoid corrosion owing to their trait that prevents oxidation in metals.
- The automotive industry is considered as the largest segment in the lubricants market as it is used vigorously in each and every type of motored vehicles. It is applicable at multiple locations in a vehicle such as wheels, motors, doors, and axle. Lubricants are widely used in trains and airplanes to lubricate various parts of the machinery. Polyalphaolefin is the most common synthetic lubricant used in the automotive sector. This is applied in gears, hydraulics, and bearings for the lubrication in an extremely cold or hot environment.
- Due to the limited natural resources, the lubricants market is facing many regulations in the manufacturing of lubricants. Governments in developed nations are pressurizing the adoption of organic lubrication. Following the trend, the use of mineral oils has been subsequently reduced in the production of lubricants.
- The enormous on-going adoption of alternate energy has been possible because of machines such as windmill and water motor turbines. Lubricants are used to assure the smooth turbine movement in these motors. The global shift towards alternative energy is booming, so will the application of lubricants shall increase.
Lubricants are used to reduce friction between surfaces during movement. These majorly exist of two types; automotive and industrial lubricants. The automotive industry is the major growth driver for the lubricants market. The introduction of organic lubricants is being proposed by the major OEM’s as a result of the regulation imposed by various governments.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
A. Synthetic Lubricants Market
B. Industrial Lubricants Market
What can you expect from the report?
The lubricants market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Application
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data
3. Manufacturer Landscape
4. Distributor Landscape
5. Pricing Analysis
6. Top 10 End-user Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking
8. Product Developments
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
10. Patent Analysis
11. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
12. Country-level Analysis
13. Competitor Analysis
14. Market Shares Analysis
15. Value Chain Analysis
16. Supply Chain Analysis
17. Strategic Analysis
18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
19. Opportunity Analysis
20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in the application or end-user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end-use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a proposal, provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email 1: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Email 2: email@example.com
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.