The food packaging industry is highly leveraging the trend of the busy lifestyle that transformed the food and beverage consumption behavior in today’s population. Increasing packaged food and beverage consumption has generated a high demand for efficient packaging trends with requirements such as extended shelf life, aroma retention, heat insulation, sealing and barrier against moisture. As per a business intelligence report by IndustryARC, glass packaging market size reached $51 billion in 2018. Emphasizing plastic ban by countries is diverting various packaging dependent industries to shift towards glass packaging from plastic packaging with demands progressing at a global CAGR of 4.70% during the forecast period 2019-2025. As quoted by the analyst, “Glass packaging market is not just limited to beverages, the rising food industry, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics are capitalizing the eco-friendly, recyclable and sustainable features provided by glass packaging.”
The report is titled “Glass Packaging Market: By Type (Clear Glass, Laminated Glass, and Others); By End Users (Food Industry, Non-Alcoholic Beverages, and Others); & By Geography – Forecast (2019 – 2025).” The report presents a detailed analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market share of leading companies. All the commercial aspects of glass packaging market stretching from its end-users verticals, applications insights and regional revenue pockets to an imperative competitive landscape and pricing conditions are covered. An unbiased topography is maintained throughout the report by the analyst via inclusion of challenging aspects pertaining to each segment assisted by effective solutions.
View Full Table Of Content Of Glass Packaging Market:
APAC Dominating Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages Consumption:
According to the analyst, glass packaging market in APAC is estimated to be the leading regional market with 37% share of the global demand in 2018. Several facts pertaining to import and export of glass products, raw materials and beverages consumption support the dominance of APAC in global glass packaging market.
· India is the leading importer of limestone, a main raw material used in manufacturing of glass bottles. Dominance in imports of raw materials indicates the high demand of glass packaging products.
· Similarly, Asia with its apex position retained its monopoly in beer consumption for the tenth consecutive year in 2017, by holding 33.7% of global beer market share. India is projected to be Coca-Cola’s top 3 markets in terms of volume by 2021 as it already holds the 6th position in 2018 and is targeted to be at 5th by the end of 2019.
Majority of glass packaging is supported by rising beverages sector globally. With glass bottles being the most engaged beverages packaging tool, alcoholic beverages is identified to be the fastest growing application segment, progressing with an application CAGR of 6.90% by 2025. Craft beer market has added an additional extra platform in alcoholic beverages segment for glass packaging.
Glass Packaging Market Growth Drivers and Trends:
·Glass to Substitute the Enormous Plastic Empire-
Stringent regulations to support plastic ban is a major factor diverting substantial applications from plastic packaging towards eco-friendly and recyclable glass packaging market. For example, the UN has launched a campaign #CleanSeas to eliminate marine plastic litter by 2022. Glass packaging remains the primary option by industries such as cosmetic packaging market and pharmaceutical packaging market due to its recyclable traits and ecological concerns.
·Glass Packaging Supplementing Organic Culture-
Organic product vendors are the major consumers of glass packaging as the use of plastic packaging is the major drawback for industrial base. Organic industry can simply be overshadowed by adoption of plastics in packaging. For instance, organic dairy producers are witnessing a demand from organic-inclined customers for glass bottles that can be reused, refilled and recyclable. Similarly, in personal care industry, the trend of organic products is uplifting the demand for glass packaging.
· Coca Cola recently announced its ‘World Without Waste’ campaign and accepted its accountability towards increasing plastic litter globally. The company with 500 types of beverages is anticipated to switch to glass and cans or cardboards from plastic bottles by 2020. This trend is followed by several other vendors and enforced by government authorities globally. Hence, wide adoption of glass packaging will boost the market growth during the forecast period.
Glass Packaging Market – Competitive Landscape:
Some of the key players operating in global glass packaging market are Saint Gobain, Owens-Illinois, Bormioli Rocco SPA, Schott AG, Heinz Glass, Ardagh Group SA, Vidrala, Gerresheimer, Vetropack Group, Orora Packaging Australia Pty Ltd., Hindusthan National Glass & Industries Limited, and Amcor Limited.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
A.Container Glass Market
B.Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Glass Packaging Market is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
1. Glass Packaging Market Size by Product Categories & Application
2. Glass Packaging Market trends & Relevant Market Data
3. Manufacturer Landscape
4. Distributor Landscape
5. Pricing Analysis
6. Top 10 End-user Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking
8. Product Developments
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
10. Patent Analysis
11. Glass Packaging Market Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
12. Country-level Analysis
13. Competitor Analysis
14. Glass Packaging Market Shares Analysis
15. Value Chain Analysis
16. Supply Chain Analysis
17. Glass Packaging Market Strategic Analysis
18. Glass Packaging Market Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
19. Opportunity Analysis
20. Glass Packaging Market Revenue and Volume Analysis
Q.Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in the application or end-user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.