1. The truth about starting an online business
In the next few blog posts, I’ll be sharing REAL SALES NUMBERS, including actual conversion rates from IWT. Nobody outside of my small team has ever seen these before.
But you will.
Why? Because I want to show you the truth about starting a successful online business. Unlike the unscrupulous marketers whose entire business is creating ebooks about creating ebooks, I’ve spent years teaching core topics of personal finance, careers, negotiation, and psychology.
And quietly, along the way, I’ve been building a business that gives away 98% of my material free…but still allows me to build premium products and charge premium prices. Why do students keep coming back? Why do they buy at a rate 1,235% higher than prospects?
I’ll share how I do it — and how you can, too.
2. How to build something FUN
When you crack the code of starting an online business, you can take what you love, bottle it up, and share it with the world — automatically — for years to come.
This isn’t drudgery. Imagine a life built around doing what you love.
LOOK AT MY FACE!!!
There’s no substitute for the joy of sharing your passions with the world.
Here, look what I mean.
This is a behind-the-scenes video of the Oscars. You’ll see the director giving second-by-second instructions as Cuba Gooding Jr. gave his famous speech.
What do you notice?
HE LOVES WHAT HE’S DOING!!
This guy is a true master at his craft. And all the work, all the passion, all the years he’s put into this, the amazing team supporting him — they come to a crescendo at this moment. He’s truly in the zone.
Think about how it would feel to have the respect of your friends, your parents, your girlfriend/boyfriend, even complete strangers, when you launch something and get your first email: “Wow, this is amazing. Thank you for creating it.” And you see that they cared enough to actually pull out their wallet and pay you for something you created for the world. By the way, you can make online bill payment easily.
It’s the difference between being a CONSUMER and a PRODUCER.
It’s the difference between reacting to what life throws at you versus actively building the life you want to live.
A lot of us are ready to make that change. We’re willing to put the work in if it means we’ll get a result from it. Not a couple pennies, or a pat on the back, but REAL results.
You can. It’s not a pipe dream. It’s possible, and I’ve been quietly documenting how to do it for 10 years. Now it’s time to share that playbook with you.
3. What I’m going to cover in the next 10 blog posts on online business
We’re going to move fast and cover a lot. And along the way, I’m going to ask you some tough questions.
For example, a lot of you claim you want to start an online business. So why haven’t you? Anyone can talk about what they “want” to do. Are you serious or are you just waiting for “some day”?
Oh, you wanted me to comfort you while stroking your hair and singing you a bedtime song? Maybe I’m projecting with the stroking hair thing, but do you see me posting inspirational quote boards? I didn’t think so.
We move fast and we move aggressively. If you don’t like that, sorry, but I refuse to pander to the lowest common denominator and give you BS advice that makes you feel good (but produces no measurable results).
If you choose to keep reading this blog, here’s what you’ll learn:
- The best tactics on going from zero to launch. I’ll share the data-driven insights of how we go from NO IDEA to a profitable idea…then package it up into a mouth-watering offering…then sell in a transparent, authentic way. What technology do we use? How do you take a $97 ebook and generate hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue?
- Automatic systems. Then do it again and again…month after month….automatically? How do you know when to hustle vs. when to build systems? How do you build traffic and sales that don’t depend on you being in front of your computer 24/7?
- Mental barriers to starting an online business. Why do so many of us dream about starting an online business — even reading Seth Godin and Lifehacker — but we haven’t done it yet? Is it possible there’s more holding us back than just wondering what blog software to use and where to find an idea? What would happen if we could master our inner psychology?
And right now, I’m opening up spots on the waiting list to join my newest and most comprehensive course of all:
This is the best course I’ve ever created. It will show you how to go from NO IDEA to a profitable online business. But more on this later.
For now, we’re going to cover the thorny issues of starting a business. Where do you come up with an idea? How do you get people to actually visit your website? Why would anyone pay attention to you when there are hundreds of other competitors? And once you find that idea, how do you package it and price it and systematically market it in a way that sells once, twice, and for years to come?
I mentioned this won’t be a cakewalk. In exchange for me sharing these numbers, conversion tactics, and frameworks with you, I’m going to make you work.