Xtees opens up the benefits of it’s advertisement on Porn Sites!

Xtees opens up the benefits of it's advertisement on Porn Sites!

Bengaluru | RNW Team | Feb 12, 08:49 PM IST.

Yes. You read it correctly. Repeat, Xtees T-Shirts (www.tshirts.in) advertises its wacky slogan t-shirts on porn sites. You can call us advertisement hungry, let it be.

Before reading further, our USP is for our Slogan T-Shirts. Crazy, Naughty, Offensive, Funny, Wacky, Politically in-correct, Ass-Kicking, Humor Slogan printed T-Shirts & Sweat Shirts.

It just happened this way - After advertising on Google & Facebook, we wanted to try something unique & cost effective. Squeezing google for innovative avenues, we were inspired by an American food order company Eat24 which benefited advertising on porn sites. Same time Pornhub released its 2015 insights which encouraged our idea. As per the stats, India was ahead of Canada and Australia in porn consumption, ranks third all over the globe.

image

We were sure that the crowd we targeted was there watching porn somewhere. We decided to act. First we asked ourselves the question : Is this ethical? Oh, c’mon we advertise or not - the porn sites are gonna exist. People are gonna watch porn forever. Even the Government of India faced a lot of flak when they decided to ban porn. The decision was short lived, backfired, the govt retreated and reversed its course. So, porn is here to stay. Second we made sure google or any search engine will not rate our site as a porn site being linked to a banner at a premium porn web-site. We decided to go ahead. Our research started. First thing, we wanted to try one porn site rather than advertising on many sites. We shortlisted Xvideos.com which was the 20th most visited web-site in India as per alexa ranking.

image

Xvideos was fondly remembered by everyone when they trolled The Govt of India with a single tweet during the porn ban. What a win!

image

We tried to read some success stories, but unfortunately there was none. Reason - Who advertises on Porn sites? : 99% more porn sites. Yes. 99% of ads on the porn sites you see are for other porn sites. The rest 1% are adult friend sites & male organ enhancement pills. So, www.tshirts.inbelong to the rest 1%. We were happy to take an unique route!

image

This was Bull’s Eye! We found out advertising on Xvideos network is very cheap, repeat very damn cheap compared to other platforms. Here is an interesting comparison which got us awestruck. That’s real value for money man!

image

Then everything raced in a flash. We got in touch with Traffic Factory which was the authorized advertising partner for Xvideos network. We got an e-mail asking us to authenticate that we were the owners of www.tshirts.in. After authenticating they were quick in communicating the prices. Upon payment, the ad account was set-up in just 2 hours time. We were briefed with interesting insights on how to advertise on Xvideos successfully.

They had just 1 rule, yes only one interesting rule. The ad banner must have some adult content. You cannot advertise to sell a sober product there. If you sell a handkerchief, you should advertise it as an organ wiping cloth without scratch, understood. The more adult the content, the more the success.

image

Advertising on a bit conservative market like India for Slogan T-Shirts, we did not want the banners to be straightaway adult. We decided to have them tricky. Frame the words in a way that they are taken on the lighter sense. We decided to have ‘Make a Bold Statement on your T-Shirt’ as the theme line and show case some of our interesting slogans in the ad. Here, we ran our creative horses and short-listed the below banners to start with.

image
image
image
image
image
image

We decided to ignore the other pages (home, video thumbnails, etc) and to target only the side right top banner near the main player … this is how our banners appeared on the Xvideos web-site

image
image

The result was tremendous. Watching the real-time overview on google analytics after the ads started running sent our heart beat raising. The numbers were just spinning every minute. Here is one very very interesting insight we gathered in a day after we started the ads running.

Day or Night or Noon, someone, somewhere is watching porn in India. lol We will share more interesting insights soon. Advertising on Xvideos.com is a great idea if low CPCs are your cup of tea. These are pretty awesome numbers by any standard and we’re quite pleased with the number of clicks driven by these ads so far. Did these clicks convert into sales? We’ll keep you posted on how many people ditched going back to see porn stars and choose to buy a Xtees T-Shirt instead.

Manoj Kumar V CEO - Xtees.com www.tshirts.in

 
Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com