Research by Regus shows that workers crave flexibility and the well-being it brings them
July 06,2016 - RedNewswire
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India: Latest research by Regus, the global workplace provider, reveals that flexibility is a key value for workers who actually report that they would actually go as far as to turn down a job where flexibility was not offered at all. Nearly two third report they would have stayed longer in a previous job had flexible working been an option, highlighting what an important retention tool flexible working has become.
Almost 40,000 business people globally were interviewed and they revealed that flexible working can bring about a startlingly wide array of benefits. Specifically, working closer to home helps workers feel more rested and lead healthier lifestyles perhaps as it reduces stressful commutes or allows them to cycle or walk to work. Perhaps more importantly, access to locations closer to work also mean that workers can spend more time with the families and friends.
Key findings from Indian respondents
- Flexible workers are seen as having more spare time by 86% of respondents as they can choose work location and workload;
- Almost nine out of ten say flexible workers are better able to juggle personal and professional demands;
- 82% say that flexible workers are more mindful and are better able to assess their levels of well-being;
- Not only do business people think that flexible workers are more rested as they cut down gruelling commutes (78%), but that they are healthier for it (82%), and in a better position to hit the gym more often (78%)
- Most importantly though flexible working is seen as helping people spend more time with family and friends (89%) so it is not surprising that a huge 94% would pick a job that offers flexibility between two similar positions
- 62% go as far as to say they would turn down a job where not flexibility was ruled out entirely.
Harsh Lambah, India Country Manager at Regus comments, “Flexibility, and specifically the ability to choose to work from a location closer to home are becoming ever more important to helping modern workers find a balance between their hectic work lives and their physical and emotional demands. Businesses wanting to attract and retain highly skilled and valuable workers cannot afford to ignore how important providing a good work: life balance has become.
“What is surprising is the range and breadth of benefits that business people derive from working closer to home: from being able to cycle in to work, to getting a lie-in, the benefits also translate in greater ‘mindfulness’ and better health as well as more time to spend with loved ones and on hobbies.”
Regus is the world’s largest provider of flexible workspace solutions, with a network of 2,800 locations across 106 countries, serving 2.3m members. Through our range of formats, we enable people and businesses to work where they want, when they want, how they want.
For more information, please visit: www.regus.co.in
Media Contact Details
CONTACTS : Regus Ashish Agarwal firstname.lastname@example.org