With supported terrorism from the neighboring nation and invasion dangers from others, issues of unlawful migration thus numerous other interior clashes and fiasco's - it is because of the Indian Army that India still keeps up its existing conditions noisy and glad. We can never thank our Army enough for what they do – and these 10 realities will win your admiration for them further.
1) India has the biggest" voluntary" army in the world
2) Indian soldiers are considered among the very best in high altitude and mountain warfare.
3) In the early 1970s and late 1990s without the CIA even knowing what was happening, India covertly tested its nuclear arsenal.
4) No provisions are there for reservations based on caste or religion, unlike other government organisations and institutions in India.
5) In the clash of Longewala battled in December 1971, on which the celebrated Bollywood motion picture "Border" is based, there were just two losses on the Indian side.
6) One of the greatest citizen salvage operations evercarried out on the planet was Operation Rahat (2013) in Uttarakhand where civilians influenced by the surges were emptied by the Indian Air Force.
7) The Ezhimala Naval Academy in Kerala is the largest of its kind in Asia.
8) Among one of the last 3 such regiments on the planet, the Indian Army has a horsed mounted force regiment.
9) Situated in the Ladakh Valley, amongst Dras and Suru waterways in the Himalayan Mountains, the Indian Army bulit the highest bridge on the planet in August 1982.
10) Prevalent superstars like Sachin Tendulkar and M.S. Dhoni, are granted privileged positions in the military.
Doesn't that make you feel proud to be an Indian ? No matter where you reside right now.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH PRIDE !